2. Kiss at the stroke of midnight.
3. Your first footer (or Lucky Bird) of the year must be tall, dark, and handsome (blonde or red headed is bad luck). Lucky Bird must come inside bearing a coin, some bread, and some salt. They have to knock and be invited in.
4. Nothing should leave the house on January 1st, not even garbage.
5. Eat black eyed peas on New Years Day.
6. Do not do laundry or bathe on New Years Day.
7. Make a loud noise and let the old year out through an open door at midnight on New Years Eve.
8. Have a baby on New Years Day, if possible.
9. Watch The Hudsucker Proxy on New Years Eve.
"You know...for kids.. "